OfficeOps is a back office support company that provides full charge bookkeeping and human resources consulting and administration to small and growing organizations in the New Orleans area. We do this primarily with QuickBooks Online, the #1 small business accounting software. We also provide customized retainer packages to manage ongoing work such as sales tax, monthly reports, payroll, taxes, and more.
OfficeOps is looking for an Accounting Manager with 3+ years of experience in finance, bookkeeping or tax, interested in joining a dynamic, growing company supporting entrepreneurs and nonprofits in our community. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing client accounting on QuickBooks Online (QBO) or QuickBooks Desktop (QBD). Converting financials from QBD to QBO and setting up new accounts.
- Preparing financial statements and making adjustments.
- Filing, amending and compiling sales, payroll, business and personal income returns.
- Communicating with clients to determine their needs, retrieving necessary documentation, and meeting with them either virtually or in person on a recurring basis. Note: this may include completing on-site work.
- Communicating with OfficeOps about day-to-day activities, assisting in group work projects, updating our workflow platform, AirTable, to match complete and incomplete objectives ensuring firm organization.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ years of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Experience filing personal and small business tax returns (1065, 1040, Schedule C) or EA or CPA certification
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- In depth knowledge of Quickbooks Online and Desktop
- Familiarity with payroll, accounts payable and receivable processes
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Experience with small or family business preferred
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire for growth outside of accounting
- Interest in improving our local business community
Our clients are local businesses with critical, complex needs and the ideal candidate will be passionate about meeting them. Salary is 55-65k annually depending on experience, with commission available on new work. Health, dental and PTO benefits are available. OfficeOps is currently operating from home, and some travel to client businesses is required. Send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due January 8th.